Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

12.17.2008

Last night I had a dream. .


A few days earlier I was occupied with the lack of space on my hard drive and my appetite. I headed out to my car and noticed tiny pieces of glass all over my passenger seat. Then my eyes focus in on the brick. Yeah, I've had my first vehicular violation. Apparently, whoever, threw the brick with such force that it ended up wedged in between the door and the seat itself on the passengers side. Now, when the trap was booming, Progressive would have put my baby on a stretcher and carried her on to the back, brought out my temporary lover and then tell me that they'll call me when it's ready. But since the economy has hit a "slump" ( I refuse to use the word recession) Super Auto pretty much lets you get it how you live. And right now. . . unexpected costs = trash bags and tape (damn, sounds like a dope boy). I hear about a lot of bullshit, which seems to be more common these days so I'm not surprised that this happened. But what I feel was the most remarkable thing about this whole ordeal was that nothing was missing!Even my Canon zoom lens was  still resting in the middle console. So yeah, hit a hurdle early on in the day, but I can still run. 
       Today was ridiculous in the best way. The weather here in Atlanta was 68 degrees. At 6:30 p.m. Most of the day was spent with the deck doors and windows wide open. Fans a go-go and a pile of you tube flicks to watch. What would have been the most ideal scenerio would have been to just relax the entire day but there was the 'unexpected' that had to be dealt with. It's semi sad that I mainly leave the house for roughly 4 reasons: to shop, to eat, bank runs, to work. I admit I'm a bit lazy but unless I'm spending time with people I actually like or making money, I pretty much find it pointless. So when a friend told me about a repair shop that would replace my window in my driveway I was elated. And intrigued. Why hadn't they thought of this before? I had been saying for months that the world should have infinite delivery options. Because I honestly don't feel like dealing with the special people on the road who obviously bought their licenses. 
     Needless to say, I gave them a ring a ding and told them to come right over. The whole process from the time I hung up the phone till the time they handed me my receipt took less than 2 hours and cost me less than $200. The guys were so nice and let me go back inside while they did their thing.

I didn't even have to worry about the glass. . . 'cause they got that too! The way things are happening on a day to day has got me wondering "what next?" Hmmmmm. Let's see. I have to get my hair re-done, get my transcripts, and get ready for work. That's right. Mama got things to do! Damn I'm hungry. Lucky for me, my trainer prescribes carbs! 
I keep thinking about filing out the police report. My car wasn't in the best area, but out of the whole year I've been parking in the same spot, nothing has ever happened to it. One of the things that the officer suggested was that it could be potential rivalry. 'Beef' is the word he chose to use. I thought it was hilarious and didn't think much of it. . . . until now. The night before this all happened I had a dream that I got pulled over in my car for I assume speeding but for reasons that weren't explained, I was arrested. It's just so odd. That I was dreaming about an incident involving my car and I really had an incident with my car. And I wasn't at home. . . but there's always the what if. Let me marinate on that one and get back to you.





No comments:

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter