Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

12.15.2008

No place like home.

Due to a course of undesirable events, I took an extended trip to see my family over the holidays. I call it my mini retreat because my family really does bring me joy. The ones I can truly say love and care for me and keep my feet on the ground. Every time I spend time with them, things that seemed hard makes sense and I definitely consider them the loves of my life. The drive home is no joke though. Here are some of the sites:

i think this is a church. . . . ?




my brother helped me out and took these while I drove.

My Mom, sister, and her two kids all live in the same town my Mom and her entire family grew up in.  The same town we visited every summer for reunions and routine visits. Where the movie theaters only shows two pictures at a time and $20 is way more than enough to get sauced at the local bar. When my brother and I arrived it felt the way it always did. You head down Main St. [yeah, Main St.] and the whole montage of summers growing up with the soulful voice behind it comes to mind. You pass the pizza place that serves those square slices you like, and the home made donut shop. What is it about little towns and one of a kind cuisine? As you all will find out, I get really excited about food. I pay attention to spots that I like and even keep my favorites programmed in my cell phone as well.
       A couple of days later was Thanksgiving and the whole family was at my hospitable aunt and uncle's home. I'm not sure who's idea it was, but the meal was completely catered. The food was good, but Thanksgiving just isn't the same without the home made.






    Most of the kids played games, got to know each other, and begged for "one more piece of pie".





     My family is huge and everybody spends the first half of a gathering catching up. With 10 of the 17 aunts and uncles in attendance, you can imagine how busy my night was. I couldn't wait to go visit my cousin who's only a few days older than me. He's always got something interesting going on.


  I swear my Mom could have her own vintage car lot.

   and her sense of humor is uncanny [she thinks even trees deserve faces]




 my lovely Zoey. . .

 the reason I don't trust many to take my pic. But, not bad considering my photographer is 4.



Zoey's pup Barack!

No comments:

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter