Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

5.22.2009

last night a dj saved my life.

I love music. It's definitely a part of my daily "must haves". I love how it makes me feel and I have been involved in some sort of musical activity since I was 7. I've watched hundred of movies, been to many games, plays, and functions, but for some magical reason, music is the only thing that makes me remember exactly what was going on in life in detail. Anita Baker's 'Caught up in the Rapture' flooded the hallways during my early D.C. years, George Michael's 'Never Gonna Dance Again' stuck with me from the start. Along with 'Wake Me Up'. 'Living off the Wall' started my mirror concerts, and BelBivDevoe's 'Poison' ignited my ego and interest in boys. The 'Percolator' taught me that good songs don't have to have a million words to be considered good. 'My My My' was my first cassette tape and started my love for dark skinned men. I could go on and on until present time but I think you get the point. 

It's only natural [to me] that when I began to date that I dated DJ's. It's not anything that I've meant to do on purpose, but it has turned out that way... 3 times. I mean, I've dated guys who have done other things, but it's always worked when I was involved with someone I shared a deep interest with. There's nothing more sexy than watching someone who loves what they do. When the headphones go on and that body starts bobbing I notice a certain level of concentration that's different from the salesman or bartender. You can see how much the craft means to him, and to me, is an attractive trait. 

I revisited a track that was dedicated to me by one of my favorite DJ's that is so me and has reminded me of something that could help right now. Things in my life have changed. I've learned a lot. Most of the things I've been going through have questioned my belief system. I no longer see the benefit in [most] people, mostly doubt. There are so many punk asses out there that want everything but don't know what it takes to get it. You can't win by trying to get over, bottom line. But just because that's how things are in their world, doesn't mean that's what it has to be for me. I keep reminding myself of the simple times. When my emotions could go from night to day in a matter of a switch of a song. Hope is what my heart is made of...

1 comment:

K. Michel said...

Music does that, love. Even as children we vibed with it; it's a beautiful thing.

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter