Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

5.11.2009

mom's day.

gosh! where would i be without my mom? i remember all the meals and hugs and stories. i appreciate the fact that she put me in activities with other girls, so i can learn to work with them, instead of thinking they're the enemy. girl scouts, girls inc., softball, track, all the field trips. she was involved with it all. she's always there for me, and we speak everyday. she's one of my dearest friends and one of my favorite 'girls' in the whole world. that's an early pic of me and my mom [circa 1983]. i just wanted the world to know how wonderful my mom is and how special she's made my life. my parents provided a comfortable life for me and my siblings, that's what is the foundation for my view on life.

this is my niece zoey. the sweetest, engaging character i've ever met. she has no problem starting conversations with people her age and she's polite in the presence of adults. she's so lovable and cuddly and loves to cuddle with me. she makes up songs, and can entertain herself for hours. our little sweet tea.


zoey and i had a ball at the fair that was near our house. she rode everything, and i won her a stuffed dog ''delilah''. ahsa is the newest addition to our family. the prettiest red bone with grey/brown eyes. her smile lights up my whole day. i really enjoyed having my family here for the week. i just hope everything works itself for the better for my family. i swear, if it's not one thing, it's another. but, as i always say: when things don't go as planned, plan it as you go. 


i couldn't imagine being a mom and not being active and accountable in my child's life. unfortunately, everybody either can't, or doesn't feel the same way. i know so many people who have kids who constantly drop them off at ms. emma's house so they can sleep, shop, bullshit, travel, club. most of these activities don't involve making any money, but always benefit the mother. the ''type'' of person  could think this way could well be anyone.  from any ethnic background or upbringing, there are no distinct physical characteristics. i know i'm rambling but let me just go on this one. my sister has never ever really quite gotten it together. for many reasons. the story's too long. but it's apparent that things have gotten a little out of control. my mom is moving forward to adopt my nieces and nephew. i don't live near my family so i tend to miss a lot, and i've learned this week that my sister has a problem with alcohol.
so much that it's effecting her judgement and putting her kids in danger. i never would have thought that my sister would be effected by this disease. just one more hurdle in the road.
what would i do without my "smile through it" attitude? i have to do what i have to do. it's just a blessing patience is one of my personal qualities. 

my nephew couldn't made the trip due to baseball, and the 10th grade. but he dedicated this song my my mom. the men in my family make me so proud.



                                                     

No comments:

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter