Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

3.10.2009

piece of pie!

I have been absolutely craving sweets lately, which is out of the ordinary for me. My previous years of indulgence on pound cakes, peanut butter cookies, chocolate bunnies at easter.. had turned me off soooo much. Sherbert ice cream, brownies and blondies, argh! You guys get my point. Nowadays, it's not me that craves those things, but my monthly...
I'm getting older, and I'm starting to feel every time I have one too many, I regret having those chili cheese fries, and quite frankly, sugar makes my complexion dull as hell. You are what you eat 'they' say, and you know if 'they' said it, then it must be true! No but seriously, I've always been a cheerleader for veggies and exercise. I've seen the benefits of that type of discipline from my body building aunts and uncles and 'frumpy' is a condition I won't accept from myself. 
Even though I am a woman of small stature, one thing I love is food.    
As I get older and my taste buds 'matured', I've been more open to different combinations and flavors. My latest at home kick has been fruit. The DelMonte citrus salad is my shit! 
My last trip to Kroger caused me to pick up a blueberry pie. Just like me to buy a whole pie, just for myself. I always spoil myself when it comes to stuff that I want and I work hard at eating right and staying fit. I deserve a little treat from time to time.

few fun facts about blueberries:

  • 2nd most popular berry [strawberry being the 1st]
  • contains antibacterial and antiviral compounds, and has show to protect against heart disease
  • fruit of New Jersey
  • can be served fresh, processed, canned, frozen, dried, or in a liquid
  • a top fruit for antioxidant activity [slows process of aging]
  • used in ink by early American colonists
  • best bought in summer time
source: foodreference.com

So even though I said that I baked a pie... look, the point is I made it ok. And it was good.
 Thought I would share some of the goodness! 



No comments:

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter