Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

3.23.2009

politics as usu-al.

Today I finally caught up with a friend who's been living in Japan for most of 'o8. After months of emails we were finally in the same place at the same time. Of course an outing and drinks were in order and for me: social interaction! Something I had been deprived of in my previous relationship and I have been craving for that sort of release. I automatically started going through outfits and signature pieces but quickly remembered that I can't press "go" until the red tape had been cleared. It's unfortunate that you can't go out with a male friend without the assumption of the hanky [s]panky. Many women enjoy the simplicity of male company and I personally find it disturbing that folks actually believe that if you're on a date/outing you're automatically labeled as a promiscuous person. Like it's not possible to be cool with a member of the opposite sex without it involving sex. As anxious as I am to put on the freak 'um dress, I know that I can't because of the jury that awaits me when I leave the house. They won't see a girl who just got out of a relationship that needs to have a good time, they see a chick in that "little ass dress laughing a little too hard with that tall ass nigga". As sad as the last statement was, it's true. Perception is everything and with that in mind, I considered the factors to make my decision. 
My friend has a reputation of being generous with money and known to frequent certain strip clubs, being seen with a different woman at every picture taking event, and was made rich young. He indulged. Sue him. Even though he claims to have slowed down and hadn't been out "since the last time he seen me", I guess I believe him. I choose not to be a judgmental person because I hate to be judged by people who are in no place to say much. To have an opinion is one thing, you can't stop people from thinking what they want, but to come up with a whole theory on an individual based on limited information is retarded.
All of this was being added up in my mind during our afternoon of catching up, smoke session, and homemade burritos. The combination of food, herb, and Tokyo living equaled slumber for my amigo and left me watching East Bound and Down onDemand by myself.
I have literally spent years in and out of clubs and I just don't think it intrigues me anymore. The anticipation of who you might meet, getting to wear those new shoes, and flicking it up with my girls always was the motivation. Just to wait in line because the location is that exclusive and then... you realize that "this is it?" Those times are over now and these days I have to be commemorating something: a birthday, anniversary, engagement, ect for me to jump through hoops. By the time I had finished the onDemand recordings, I was ready to go home. I just wasn't feeling it, and usually that means to take my ass home. I hope my friend decided to go back home and nothing popped off at the club. I guess I'll find out on page six. till then...

No comments:

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter