Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

1.28.2009

indian sighting




Sometimes there's nothing better than getting dressed up [or down] and going out with good people. Hearing some good music, a little goose and bull, maybe some herb, good times. Since my Mr. works in a club we don't get to get out much. For the most part, that's fine with me, but tonight, I was really excited to blow off some steam.  Tonight was an outing for family. Our friend Plair was scheduled to preform tonight at Apache Cafe. I love Apache. The first time I went, my sister and I waited nervously as the door man eyeballed my fake ID. After a reluctant admittance I was introduced to the open mic scene.
Never have I considered myself a flashy person, but I always have a tendency to have some sort of unnecessary shit on. I'm always a big fan of stackable bracelets and over sized watches. Hoop earrings, and I've even thrown my gold class ring into the mix. I dunno. If I want to wear it, nine times out of ten, it's getting put on. After all the flat ironing and curling and prepping, I walked outside and thought: "I should have put on my knit beret"! Atlanta weather truly has me loopy with it's indecisiveness. The streets were lightly layered with fog and by the time we had walked to the front door, most of my curl had fallen ]: As soon as we stepped inside the foyer of the cafe, we heard the familiar lyrics to one of Plair's songs. It pissed me off to learn that even the hole in the walls have gone hollywood as they exercised their right to have us wait at the front. After figuring out that we got there at the end of his set we decided to finish the show where we stood. Once again our guy did his thing but I didn't get to partake in the rest of the festivities. 
I can't believe I haven't had a drink since new years! But I couldn't imagine an outing without it. You're not dealing with a dependency chick here so call off the interventianalist! The 'happy juice' makes me forget that I'm just in a room listening to music with a bunch of strangers. Anyway, thought I'd share my fly-by-could-have-happened-ing.

I gotta stop watching tv while I blog. this shit took entirely too long to write.

1 comment:

JessB said...

OMG...that place has been on my ATL "to do" list for a while now...i'll make there one day! :) LOL

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter