Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

1.18.2009

Line of demarcation [parte uma]

this is a two parter.
sorry it's been a couple of days. but a couple of things have come to my attention and sometimes a girl just needs her space to figure out her next move. but here's something anyway. a song i've listened to many times and just liked what it said because i feel when it comes to relationships, women are expected to put up with a lot more than men are. the double standards of the 'nature' of men and women... i hate em! i hate em! i hate em.

weary.

if a woman is growing weary
of having to be so strong.
of having to pretend i'm made of stone,
so i won't end up with no broken bones.
i can't fight every battle alone.

i want someone to lift me.
heal my wounds and give me kisses on the head,
say words that should be said.
fear is not the matter,
i would so much rather open up my heart,
and lay down my guard.

if i could trust someone
to have my back and never do me wrong
i would give my love up
just like that and stop singing this soldier's song.

whoever said love is over rated
must not get enough.
my independent days have had their fun.
but when the party's over
and the working day is done.
i just want to go home to someone.

i want a love to take me
as i am not make me
compromise myself.
or put up no one else.
fear is not the matter
i would so much rather 
open up my heart.
and just lay down my guard.

words by: amel larriex


No comments:

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter