Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

1.11.2009

Me and my big MOUTH.

"Sometimes you have to worry about making someone else rich before you can make yourself rich, if not at the same time," my boss text me yesterday. I've always been fortunate enough through the course of my life to meet people who could benefit me greatly. Lately, I've been getting a crash course in the professional world after years of seeing "how it's done" out of sight and under the table. Growing up all I remember my parents doing at the dinner table was complaining about their corporate jobs and even when I was young, I knew that I didn't want to work in the type of confining environment they were a part of. When you live 'the life' you get paid every day with no deductions, no real clock to punch, and no real rules. It's the type of arena where your net wealth says who you are. Because there's always somebody looking at you from head to toe, inspecting your fresh. I can't stand all the indignant people who think they can act that way because they have the labels. There's no real such thing as working your way up the ranks by putting in long hours at the office or making sure you show up at all company functions. That type of stuff doesn't really pay off much in the world of hustling. But all the little things that prove character and integrity are the things CEO'S are made of, at least that's what I've been told.

If our generation had a song it would be: "I want what I want, and I want it now!" Everyone wants to be rich. NOW! I'm no exception. I would love to "retire" early, start a family, and live well and vacation often. I have one small thing that's interrupting this girl. My mouth. It always seems to get me in trouble. Either by the things it does, or does not say. Depending on the question. It's not that I can't take direction but I have to speak out on the bullshit. In all shapes and forms. The pretentious, the double standards, the ignorant, the ones who have too much fucking nerve. Most people are too trendy for me. Changing the whole concept of themselves every season and year, like fashion. And they always seem to have something to say, and I usually rebut. I have too much lip for pimps, masters, and insecure men. I  I'm determined to be my own boss. Doing something so my grind is what I'm on and my game is getting stronger with my new found wisdom. Figuring out what exactly is next on my 'to do' list but I'm not too worried about that part. Things always have a way of working themselves out!

 I may not know the answers to everything right now, but I know what I don't want. I don't ever want to owe anyone or have to depend on anyone in order to have what I want. Learning both sides of the game is going to take a lot of humility and time. But in order for the time shares and mutual funds, the works got to be done! I can do the time... I think. Lord give me strength!  I usually don't give all this 'extra' about me. I've experienced it's better to open up a little, than it is to read about my fabricated life story later. But... this is what happens when you give a girl a sunday afternoon, an opinion, and a mac. 



No comments:

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter