Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

1.15.2009

Same love song.

I have a confession to make: I haven't bought an album since Coldplay's 'Rainbows'. And I'm supposed to be a straaaight up music head. I know, it's just that... music has become so... boring. I mean, REALLY boring. Am I the only one noticing how boring the music has become? I swear, everybody's "swagger is so mean" and is "the baddest" or "the man in their city" I mean, what the fuck guys? That's one of the main reasons I don't even go out anymore. The club is the one place where you're supposed to hear something you've never heard before. Last time I was at Lucky I couldn't even do my two step because it seemed as if at least 15 minutes had passed and it sounded like the same song. After that, I was ready to call it quits for a while...
I made it a deliberate point to stay out of the
 tabloids for a reason. I'm so sick of talking and hearing about people. Who's going to be in town, who went out of town, who's fucking with who, that bitch said what about me? Things that didn't have any substance or any true validity to my life. And all the energy spent on others, caused the pause of the "cause" that is called Me. So, I'm done with it. I still read my regular variety periodicals and catch my fair share of television but I want to learn about different shit. I'm ready to add some extra spices to my life. Life lately has got me thinking about psychology, nutrition, and advertising classes. Learning about sketching and sculpting and cooking more than just soul food. My goal is to become as well rounded as Rick Ross' abdomen as quickly as possible.
 Remember: progress is sexy!

                             
Anyway, I was looking through February's Vibe and decided to read Kanye's article. Poor Kanye. I couldn't imagine what life was like for him over the past couple of years with folks like you all to please [; When he started with the lined shades and the "louie louie everywhere" he fell off of my radar. Don't get me wrong, I love a well dressed man, but not when it looks like you want to say: "my fiance just left me, now who's gonna pick out my outfits?" Still made the good shit when it came to the music, but I wasn't sure if I could deal with a whole album of him singing. But after reading this article, I'm proud to announce our boy is ok! He seems at peace. If that makes any sense. With his mother. His love life. His music. His direction. He just seems real... comfy. Which is always great. And he's still got the cockiness we all love to hate! He's tired. But who isn't these days. Overall a good read, even though the overall quality of the magazine has dramatically dropped, if you ask me. So, check it out, buy it. Read it. All that good stuff.

The makings of a "good Kanye interview" [according to Kanye]:

    "Politically incorrect shit that's obvious that no one speaks on. Bold statements. A bit of heart. Inspiration. Aspiration. A bit of humor, in my opinion..."

in a nutshell.

1 comment:

JessB said...

like u i was VERY hesistant about the whole "singing" album coming from kanye, but P got it as a christmas gift & i straight JACKED him for it....i LLLLOOOVVVVEEE it! i think he's just doin him

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter