Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

1.13.2009

Luck of the cut.

There have been times when I spend money on a hairstyle that has gone awry. It always seems to be something. The longevity of the style is what disappoints me most often but the cut is what usually determines if I run my stylist back for round two. I'm hilarious. Sometimes I visit 3 different salons until I achieve the exact look I was going for, of it ends up being me, in the mirror with my straight razor. It turns I'm not only picky about my food, but with the cut of my clothing, the feet on my men, and the cut of my weave.  By the time Whoever gets done with my head, I want to be able to go out in public and women tell me how pretty my hair is. In other words, IT HAS TO BE REALISTIC! If the wind blows, there should be no braids showing. I want to be able to run my fingers through and pull it up into a high pony without tracks exposed. Oh and yes, I wear a weave. A fashion trend I picked up about 5 years ago, when I was struggling with going natural. I love the versatility of having one and I have worn quite a few different styles but I always revert back to some variation of "bed hair". Purposely unruly and fun but still looks good. Busting down $500 can give a girl her own reason of reserve when choosing a stylist and I had to make sure I had the "perfect" one [if there is such thing]. When I found him, I reluctantly let him swipe the card and begin my transformation. Sweetness can mostly be sensed and I felt how sweet my stylist thought I was with every secure stitch. Braided me tight, massaged my scalp. Goody's powder with Pana.

I decided to give myself a lose curl with my flat irons this morning before errands. The cut I received had them falling just the way I imagined. Only the rest of the story went that I was just getting out of bed with my head looking this good!
Yeah, I was feeling the hell outta my hair! And the day look only got better, but a little too windy. Hot damn! My hair is long enough to pull into a  full ponytail! The rest of the day 
for me had me feeling like Miss Beyonce
herself. Think the cover of B-Day:







I simply finger combed my hair into a high ponytail and secured it with a coated hair tie and pulled tight. I let the bangs do their thing. One things for sure, the cut made a world of difference to make my day effortlessly glamourous. My advice: invest wiseLy!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love your blog! i love your writing & your photos are beautiful!

JessB said...

ok...i will be texting u soon for the #...and don't hold out either! LOL i'm going to jamaica later in the year & i might wanna get my pam anderson jog on w/ the wind in my hair! :P

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter