Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

1.07.2009

studio love.




I absolutely adore music. It's one of my favorite everyday elements. A day without music just isn't the same and I'm so fortunate to be blessed with the gift of singing. I've been in and out of studios since I was about 19, but had a solo in church since the age of 7. Performing and the art of music as a whole is in my blood and singing is one of the only things I would always do, whether it paid or not. It just makes me happy. Unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to continue with my piano lessons, but over the years I have fine tuned my voice and developed my own style. 
    I started out recording with my DJ homie, Blak and got the opportunity to work with Young Jeezy and USDA. I'm the female vocals on 'Corporate Thuggin' which is the second single on the USDA album. Why didn't you know that you ask? Well, tragically our agreement was broken after he neglected to give me WRITTEN credit. No stacks, just credit. But, whatever Jay.
side note: i hear he does this to everyone
that's not a major recording artist.
hence, no 'feat._____' on the back
of cd's


 Along with the fact that all albums are downloadable, there's a lot of mediocre artists, and the fact that everyone isn't a person of their word, made me think twice about becoming an artist myself. The music business quickly turned into the business of music. Which totally contradicts the concept of the art itself.
    My love for music hasn't changed, but the game definitely has. The more I learn about it, the more I hate the whole process. But to hurry this along [because it is currently 6:29 a.m.] I just walked out of the booth. And feeling great of my performance. It was the first time I had been in the studio since April, and now I'm hungry again. The passion candle has been light and it giving off the right glow for the feng sui of 'NEW9
    Tomorrow is another session with none other than.....


[yawn] I'm sleepy. I guess you'll have to wait till tomorrow for the rest! But I will say this: this time around, credit will be given because it's due! night. night.

1 comment:

J said...

congrats. ahh the studio lol

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter