Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

1.29.2009

Whoopie!

This shit is too cute and funny. I love it when people in advertising actually get creative and put some humor on it! And the latest Durex condom commercial is so adorable I might buy some just to see what will happen when I leave them alone on my night stand. The question I have is what network is running commercials like this? I've heard that overseas television is more liberal, offering naked news and such. The latex threesome might be ill-timed and the '69' clip avoidable, but in these days and times, the commercial helps to educate the masses. It bothers me that as sexually charged as everything is, the education of sex is a joke.  'The talk' for me included a book that had drawings, diagrams, fill in the blanks, multiple choice... needless to say, a little uncomfortable. That was in the era where people thought that condoms were only for gay people. Thank God those days are over. Now we still have a high teen pregnancy rate, teen prostitution, and the new thing is to infect someone else on purpose because they didn't want to strap up in the past! Just nasty. Messages like this is a must! Sex. The proverbial pink elephant for parents. I guess people feel that if they don't acknowledge that it exists, that it would go away or it could be prevented, but certain desires are innate and can never be avoided. Sexual activity and expression is a part of human nature and instead of making kids feel ashamed of how they feel and ignorant of the subject all together. I'm not going to speak too much on the topic because I'm not a parent but I believe that having an open line with your child and good timing is important. Anyway, enjoy!




                           

1 comment:

JessB said...

CTFU...i don't even want to know how u came across this video.......but i'm glad u did! HILARIOUS!!!! LOL

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter