Disclaimer:

Where sarcasm and contradictions runs rampid. Why must everyone be so serious? This is life from my p.o.v. you're right, you don't have to love it. I'm just a girl... in pursuit of my version of freedom. Feel free to comment this online diary that follows the mind of the messenger,
never dictated by page 6.

1.03.2009

Slept on.

When I was in college, one of my favorite things to do was to walk across the street to the record store and buy anything new I could find. I did this every week, no matter what my bank account looked like. I lucked up on Teedra Moses as a freshman after $200 worth. I had never heard of her before but as soon as I popped her CD in, I fell in love... with a girl! I know! There's a depth in her voice that I can feel. Unlike anyone else who was out at the time and I love the things she sings about. "You'll Never Find" was my anthem through my stay at heartbreak hotel. Over the years I've depended on the vibe of this album and played it so much I had to re-buy it 3 times, which is now a 4th since one of my female companions 'borrowed' it. I introduced it to my dj boyfriend at the time and viola! Every chick in the clubs is singing "Backstroke". It sucks that this poor girl had bad management and was signed to a label mostly geared towards the rowdy club go-ers [ ying-yang twins, Yo Gotti, and Pitbull are some of her label mates]. I feel she could go so far, and if some of her 'people' are out there, know that she has fans! Anywho, she's beautiful and talented. check her out:

                            
I might be a little late, but she's something like a phenom!

p.s. she also has other music on her myspace page [yeah, she's on it too!] www.myspace.com/teedramoses

enjoy!

No comments:

visitors:

Web Page Hit Counter